Niche it!
BobbyGs Info

Barnes & Noble

Property master


Property master

Back | Home | Up | Next

The property master is an artistic and organizational employee in a film, television or theatrical production who is responsible for buying, acquiring and/or manufacturing any props needed for a production. The property master works with other members of the production managing the physical appearance of the stage or set, for example they might work with the script supervisor to maintain set continuity.

The job is a collaboration with set designers, the director, cameraman and other members of the production to physically express their stylistic and aesthetic requirements. They maintain their own budget in many cases and are involved in productions from the beginning developing the stylistic concept of the physical production. There are physical aspects of productions that are managed by specialists other than the property master, for example costume designers are responsible for the actors' dress, and weapons masters are responsible for any weapons (firearms, blades, staff-based or otherwise).

Home | Up | Assistant director | Best boy | Body double | Boom operator | Camera operator | Cinematographer | Clapper loader | Construction grip | Dialogue editor | Director of audiography | Dolly grip | Executive producer | Film director | Film producer | Focus puller | Foley artist | Gaffer | Grip | Light technician | Location manager | Production designer | Production sound mixer | Property master | Scenic design | Scenographer | Script supervisor | Second unit director | Set decorator | Sound design | Sound editor | Stunt performer

Movies, v. 2.0, by MultiMedia

This guide is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia.